On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 10:01:42AM +0200, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> now what would be nce if I could do something like
> (pseudosyntax)
>
> color index from_the_boss yellow default
> color index priority=urgent  bright default
>
> which means that normal messages are default
> message that are tagged urgent are set in the bright default color
> messages from the boss in yellow
> and urgnet messages fom the boss in bright yellow

You can already do that:

    color index yellow default '~f [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
    color brightdefault default '~h "^x-priority: urgent"'    # or whatever
    color brightyellow default '~f boss ~h "^x-priority: urgent"' # both

Check sections 3.7 and 4.2 for complete documentation.

IIRC if multiple patterns match the last one is used.  Unfortunately
the manual is silent about this.

Marius Gedminas
--
"Cogito ergo I'm right and you're wrong."
                -- Blair Houghton