Hi, folks --

A while back I asked about automatic limiting by date and for help with
pushing in a limit command when calling mutt from a script.  Well, I have
all of that worked out -- or thought I did, at least.

My little script goes through the procmail logs and generates a list of
folders to open, and also checks the date flag file to see when this
particular log was started so that it can construct the muttrc.date file
for limiting.  Now, all of this has been working just fine up until a day
or two ago, when I started getting the error above upon firing up mutt.
Note that this happens whether or not I have any messages that should
match the criteria; it's not *that* message that I get in this case.

The generated muttrc file looks like

  source /xtra/home/davidtg/.mutt/muttrc
  push "l ~N ~r 09/06/2000-\n"

and it obviously sources my real muttrc and then pushes in the limit
command.  At first, when this popped up yesterday, I thought that the
problem was because I was trying to limit to the same day -- and, sure
enough, resetting it to 07/06 worked like a charm.  Then 08 Jun tipped
over into 09 Jun and I found that 08 Jun was *still* a problem; hmmm.
Well, now it's well into 09 Jun and I still get that error message -- and
I get it with 08/06, too, and have to go back to 07/06.  The actual error
string is

  Invalid day of month: 09/06/2000-

but changing the '9' to a '7' works like a charm.

I'm thoroughly confused :-)

TIA for any suggestions, including the real answer...

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature