Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote that:

>David DeSimone proclaimed on mutt-users that:
>>
>>Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Which I suspected ... the [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Me) is depreciated, and seems to
>>> be more common on usenet than on e-mail.
>>
>>If you configure Mutt with --enable-exact-address, it will not rewrite
>>the address in the preferred format.
>
>That's broken, afaik.

Since when are rfc 822 comments deprecated? These can be placed just
about anywhere (and in other fields besides From:, e.g., To:).

So, you could have:

  Some Person <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (here is a comment)
  Some (here is a comment) Person <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  (here is a comment) Some Person <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Comments are not supposed to be used by MTAs, e.g., in SMTP exchanges, but
should be kept by MUAs, so I've always used the exact addressing (where is
THAT broken, by-the-way?) and considered the non-exact addressing broken!

Comments? (yak!)

--
-e