On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 10:38:32AM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:

> > > keymap.c:69: `KEY_END' undeclared here (not in a function)
> >
> > This is what stopped the build - HP has a different flavor of cursess
> > which should define this (curs_colr), but mutt's configure script
> > doesn't recognize that (doesn't generate -I and -L options for the
> > makefile to make it use the newer library).
>
>  The only HP-UX 10.20 box I have access to has no man pages, and
>  a compiler that truely sucks (no -g, no ansi). I cannot install
>  anything on this machine.
>
>  Which means that someone else will have to look into this ...

My sympathy... Back when I last worked on an HP box, life
was more dismal. (HP-UX v.OLD compiler didn't even want to
compile g++) I heard rumors the compiler was intended for
recompiling the kernel only.

If you are allowed (this is important!) to install a version
of gcc into your own space (and your space is big enough),
then you can use gcc.

simplified steps:
 1. install gcc to $HOME/tmp/gcc
 2. install mutt (with CC=$HOME/tmp/gcc)
 3. delete $HOME/tmp/gcc [*]
 4. use mutt

[*] optionally, install gcc and keep it, and stay saner.

That said, if you spend much time working on your HP-UX box,
I suggest you ask the admins for a better compiler.

Ben
--
Benjamin Korvemaker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]