On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 22:36:49 +0200, Meinolf Sander wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to upgrade from mutt 1.3.2 to 1.3.4 by applying the diff
> patches to the 1.3.2 source code. It worked well with
> diff-1.3.2i-1.3.3i but failed with diff-1.3.3i-1.3.4i: I got many
> rejects, almost all hunks failed and the sources didn't compile.

I have applied all patches from 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 1.3.1 -> 1.3.2 ->
1.3.3 -> 1.3.4 without any problems with the program code. There
have however been some minor problems with the Changelog and some
.po files.

> I used the command "patch -p1 --force < diff*.
> Is there anything wrong with this command or might the latest
> diff be corrupted?

Yes, use -p1 if you are in the catalog with the mutt sources when
you apply the command. But don't use --force. If the patch program
asks about something or complains without --force, something is
wrong, and you should be told rather than force patch to continue.

It is impossible to tell why your patching failed without more
details, but always:

 - make sure that you have a clean version before patching to the
   next version, i.e.

 - be sure not have any third part feature patches or the like
   applied when upgrading

 - apply the patches in the correct order, and each only once, if
   you upgrade several versions at once.

--
Byrial
http://home.worldonline.dk/~byrial/