Hello Byrial,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 12:22:53AM +0200, you wrote:
[...]
> I have applied all patches from 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 1.3.1 -> 1.3.2 ->
> 1.3.3 -> 1.3.4 without any problems with the program code. There
> have however been some minor problems with the Changelog and some
> .po files.
[...]
> Yes, use -p1 if you are in the catalog with the mutt sources when
> you apply the command. But don't use --force.

Which "patch" options exactly did you use to upgrade?

> If the patch program asks about something or complains without
> --force, something is wrong, and you should be told rather than
> force patch to continue.
>
> It is impossible to tell why your patching failed without more
> details, but always:
>
>  - make sure that you have a clean version before patching to the
>    next version, i.e.
>
>  - be sure not have any third part feature patches or the like
>    applied when upgrading
>
>  - apply the patches in the correct order, and each only once, if
>    you upgrade several versions at once.

I've taken into account these things and patched without --force,
but it still doesn't work.
My error log looks like this (when applying the latest diff):

patching file 'ChangeLog'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1
Hunk #2 FAILED at 5366
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to ChangeLog.rej
patching file 'Makefile.am'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 9.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 36.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 46.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to Makefile.am.rej
and so on...

I really don't know what's going wrong there - I think it should
be okay to patch the 1.3.2 source code first with the 1.3.3 diff,
after this with the 1.3.4 diff and then to compile it (but
unfortunately it doesn't).

Any ideas?

Regards,
Meinolf
--
GPG fingerprint [EMAIL PROTECTED]       key available on public servers
 2048G/6A26C2C0  5888 B830 6464 F333 F3DE  B10D 7608 228C 6A26 C2C0