On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 06:24:54PM -0700, Gottipati Aravind wrote:
> I am using sendmail too. But I dont really know enough about sendmail
> to be messing with sendmail configuration files. But I do know that just
> setting the hostname to cc.usu.edu doesn't do anything to my outgoing
> mails. I have to explicitly set the my_hdr From: variable for it to
> work. I even tried setting the hostname and sending mail to a local user
> on my comp, but It still does not do anything. I looked in the manuals
> and this is what it says

If using sendmail, you just have to add the following lines in your /etc/
genericstable:

root:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<your username>: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
news:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Then just compile it (to create a new genericstable.db:
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bi -oA/etc/genericstable

And restart sendmail :
kill `head -1 /var/run/sendmail.pid`
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -os

Then if you're lucky, the From field shouldn't be needed anymore :)

--
Virginie Vacca
Parinux member (LUG - Paris)