Hi, folks --

I have just discovered that searches do not look inside collapsed
threads.  At least, it looks like they don't, because I got "Not found"
when I tried to search for some text that was in a message that turned
out to be in a collapsed thread.  I knew that it had to be in the folder,
though, and even who sent it, so I sorted by user and browsed the hard
way (figuring that I had mis-typed the search) to find it.  When I
resorted by threads again, the thread was uncollapsed and found the
message; I was easily able to find it or not by opening or collapsing the
thread.

I read the manual :-) and don't see any discussion of searching related
to collapsed threads.  I tried using ~v in my search but couldn't get a
pattern that mutt would accept.

Is this a bug, an undocumented feature, or a bona fide feature and I
should go away?

TIA

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature