On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 01:10:14PM +0100, Gunther Kuhlmann wrote:
> I am currently starting xemacs for each mail I write (from mutt). So
> I added (server-start) into my .emacs file, but it came up with the
> following error:
>
> Signaling: (void-function server-start)
>   (server-start)
> )
>   load-internal("~/.emacs" t t t undecided)
>   load("~/.emacs" t t t)
>   load-user-init-file("")
>   load-init-file()
>   command-line()
>   normal-top-level()
>
> What am I doing wrong? Do I need to install something which is missing?
> (I hope this is not too OT.)

I think Xemacs doesn't understand server-start. If I remember correctly,
the Xemacs equivalent is provided by 'gnuserver' or 'gnuserv' or
'gnuclient'. Sorry for being so vague, but if you look in your
xemacs bin subdir, you should be identifiable to identify the executable
that does this.

A related question: if you use emacsclient for this (NOT Xemacs), how do
you get the client window to go away after C-x #? Thanks,

--
Pierluigi Miraglia                  Cycorp, Inc.