Charles Curley proclaimed on mutt-users that:

>>    The original author of Mutt was Michael Elkins.
>
>And still is, as has been noted.

Was, is and will be.  If the grammar's bad, please do excuse me :)

>>    Mutt has much more features than Microsoft Outlook Express and other
>              many
>
>Product names should have TM if you can do it.

Can do, will do.

>>      * It sucks less (so says Mike Elkins)
>>      * It rocks (and so say all of us)
>>      * vi is the default editor
>>      * Has lots of other cool features
>
>This is fun, but doesn't really tell the reader why mutt is better than
>Pine.

That last line (other cool features) links to a features.html page (maybe
the list on mutt.org)

>>    [I wish there was an extra page for this, eg
>>    http://www.mutt.org/features.html]

So do I :)

>>   Get up and running with mutt
>>
>>    Mutt will work out of the box, but there are a few things which may
>>    have to be tweaked. For example, you might want to get your mail via
>>    POP from within Mutt - then you need to install it such that it
>>    contains the code for POP support. Other installation options add code
>>    for colored text, use of Gnu regular expressions, and protocols such
>>    as GSS, IMAP, PGP, SSL. However, quite a lot of these tweaks will be
>
>Is PGP a protocol? I know there is an RFC, but don't tknow its
>status. Also, as a rule you should spell out an acronym the first time the

That text was added by Sven - I'm not sure whether it's a _protocol_ as
such.

>reader encounters it. For example: Pretty Good Privacy (PGP), Secure
>Sockets Layer (SSL). Acronyms are also excellent candidates for a
>glossary.

There _is_ a glossary under construction.  Said glossary will also include
a lot of *nix terminology I don't want to explain in the main text (stuff
like $home, configure, make, rpm and such)

>>    PINE, I'd just not bother trying them at all :)
>
>Insert period (.) at the end: trying them at all. :)

OK. :)
^^^^^^
Like this? :)

>This is a good start. I suggest you also cover personalities, as at
>http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/~mara/mutt/profiles.html.

Thanks!!  Bookmarked.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bradley's Bromide: