On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 11:33:33PM +0300 or thereabouts, Mikko Hänninen wrote:
<snipped...>

> > folder-hook . save-hook * =received
>
> The * should be a . instead, like this:
>
>   folder-hook . save-hook . =received

Hmm, that could be the reason why I'm getting a repetition operand invalid.

> But if you want automatic saving of read messages, what you're looking
> for is in fact:
>
>   folder-hook . set record='+read.mutt'

But this is assuming I am only subscribed mutt-users right?  So all mails go to
"read.mutt" because of that "." in folder-hook.

> The + character is a shortcut to your $folder dir, which by default is
> ~/Mail.  Alternatively you could also use = instead of +, but in the
> above it would be confusing. :-)
>

> Hope this helps,
> Mikko

Yes the "+" part as I've already fixed my problem using mbox-hook for each of
my mailing lists.  Either I need new reading glasses or more sleep as I wasn't
able to find what that "+" means up to now.  Thank you for responding.