On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 08:41:12AM +1200, Joe Abley wrote:
> Aaah, I see. So here's the thing:
>
> 1. I want folder={maggie.automagic.org}INBOX when I do a "c" to change
>    folders;
>
> 2. I want folder=~ when I do an "a" to add an attachment to a message.
>
> I had a brief moment of clarity and tried this:
>
> macro index c ":set folder={maggie.automagic.org}INBOX^M:change-folder^M"
> macro index <esc>c ":set
>folder={maggie.automagic.org}INBOX^M:change-folder-readonly^M"
> macro compose a ":set folder=~^M:attach-file"
>
> but it doesn't seem to work (:change-folder isn't something that mutt
> seems to understand). Anybody give me a hand?

I read the manual a bit more and did this instead, which is at least
understood:

  # change folder according to whether I'm browsing folders or files
  macro index c ":set folder={maggie.automagic.org}INBOX\n<change-folder>"
  macro index <esc>c ":set
folder={maggie.automagic.org}INBOX\n<change-folder-readonly>"
  macro compose a ":set folder=~\n<attach-file>"

This doesn't seem to make any difference to the use of "a?" in the
compose menu, though -- I still get presented with a list of IMAP
folders.

Sorry about the noise. It's just that this is the only thing stopping
me discarding the bloated walrus of pine, so I'm keen to get it working.

Joe