Michael Elkins [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 04:58:35PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I retrieve email from two different email accounts, and I would like to be
> > able to *send* email from both addresses; after looking at the manual I
> > thought that perhaps "$alternates" was the right variable, but, according to
> > the manual, it only defines which addresses mutt recognizes as "mine" when
> > it comes to saying whether email is "From:" me or "To:" me.
>
> No, $alternates is just a way to specify which mail accounts are yours for
> purposes to presenting $index_chars to you in the main mail display.
> What you need to do is set up a series of send-hook's to change the from:
> line based upon who you are sending mail to.

This is the way to do it if you want to create a new message from scratch
with a different From:, but $alternates can be useful if you just want to
have your address change based on which of your addresses the mail came to
you at... in that case, set $reverse_name, and set up your alternates
correctly.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/

PGP signature