On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 01:19:13AM +0300, Mikko Hnninen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, 20 Jul 2000:
> > Or to have the option to
> > edit/change them in the send menu.
>
> You have that.  There's an "edit-from" function, by default bound to
> esc-f.  You're of course free to re-bind that to anything you want.
> It may also be possible to push esc-f into Mutt's keyboard buffer when
> sending new mail or replying, so that you automatically get into the
> "edit from" prompt after you exit the editor (unfortunately, not before
> -- although that too might be possible with some scripting magic,
> playing around with your $editor, and such...)
>
> You may also want to look at $edit_headers, which lets you edit your
> message headers together with the body.  That way editing your From
> header becomes very easy.

    Alternatively, you could also create different macros.  Something
like:

    macro index m ":my_hdr From: Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]><enter><mail>"
    macro index M ":my_hdr From: Bob Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]><enter><mail>"

    You'd also want to look into defining equivalent macros for other
places, or turn to a two key-stroke method: one to set the address,
another for the task.

--
Bob Bell                Compaq Computer Corporation
Software Engineer       110 Spit Brook Rd - ZKO3-3/U14