* Johannes Zellner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [000731 11:50]:

>> how can I let read some special mail configs (e.g. set tw=72) when edit
>> a email/news messages?

> autocmd FileType mail set tw=72 nocin ai expandtab
> (this is what I have)

au BufNewFile,BufRead /tmp/mutt* source ~/.vim/mutt_vimrc
(this is what I have)

The advantage of this solution is that it also works on messages which
have been postponed and are recalled (via the "R" command). My vim 5.4
fails to properly detect the syntax in those cases, and Johannes'
autocmd would not be executed.

Which leads to the question: why does syntax detection work on all
mails except that have been postponed and are recalled?

--
christian molls
student of laws