Evan --

...and then Evan Vetere said...
%
% mailboxes ! `echo $HOME/mail/*`
%
% This works gorgeously, adding any mailboxes I have in ~/mail to my

Yay :-)

% viewable list on launch. But if mail arrives and gets routed via
% procmail to a -new- mailbox -while I am in mutt-, then I won't see that
% mail until I've exited mutt and relaunched it, rebuilding the mailboxes
% list.

Well, that's one way to do it...  There are others ;-)

%
% I'm really picking nits here in the quest to achieve the Ultimate MUA
% Experience. :) Is there a way of binding 'mailboxes ~ `echo...`' to the

That's certainly an admirable goal!

% 'c' key, transparently, without overriding the current functioning of
% that key?

What I would do:

  set save_empty so that my empty mailfolders don't disappear

or

  just re-source your .muttrc any time you want to update your mailbox
  list

%
% (If there's a different method, that'd be great too.)

HTH & HAND

%
% --
% Evan Vetere | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature