> Here's where I'm confused.  The only broken mailers I know in this
> context are Eudora and Outlook (though TheBat! may qualify, and I'm
> sure there are others), and they usually *can't* deal with attachments
> very well.  For them, the usual answer is to send your PGP mail the old
> way (in-line) instead of as an attachement; I see that you're using 1.2,
> so you can control that behavior by setting "pgp_create_traditional"
> to true (in-line) or false (MIME).

After some clarification, the problem actually is:

------

Not exactly, My mailer handles encrypted data that's embedded as the
body of the email fine. The problem is when the data comes as an
attachment without an extension on it. Without a .pgp or .asc
extension Eudora doesn't know to pass it to pgp for decryption. I can
still decrypt it but I have to detach and save it with a .pgp
extension and then run pgp against the file. Like I said it's not a
big deal, I just figured I would ask.

---

So what I'd really like to do is either
        * _not_ treat pgp messages as attachments, or
        * find some way to put a .pgp extension on an attachment name

...but what confuses me is that I look at a message I sent, and I see: