On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 02:10:35AM +0200, Juergen Salk wrote:

> Well, I have about 20 folders and if I have just left - let's
> say - the 17-th folder, I have to scroll all the way down
> to reach the 18-th folder (remember: I have already done this
> 16 times before). I know that I can alternatively enter the number
> of the folder, but it would be much more efficient just to hit
> the cursor-down-cursor-right key sequence to enter the next folder.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to this, but it gave me an idea:
I have a macro like this:

macro pager     i       "<change-folder>?/"

This brings up the folder list, and asks for a search expression.
It's an attempt to mimic the woderfull editor xfte's fileselector:
When you press a key, the browser highlights the first filename that
starts with that letter. Additional keypresses narrows the search. It's
quite like incremental search in vim.

This functionality is definitely on my wishlist of new mutt features.

        -Jens