On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 06:50:17PM -0400, David T-G wrote:
> ...and then Jeff Williams said...
> % I use a Psion S5 as a dumb terminal to connect to my office computer
> % problem is that the Psion screen, though it is supposed to be `vt100'
> % in most respects, is physically only 18 lines, and the display gets
> % scrambled.  How can I tell Mutt to work with an 18 line x 80 column
> % screen?  Thanks,
>
> Use your stty command to set the number of rows to 18 like
>
>   stty rows 18
>
> or so.  It's all up to the term; mutt doesn't have any number-of-rows
> setting (AFAIK...).

but the screen libraries do ($LINES and $COLUMNS environment variables,
for instance, if they cannot get the information from stty).  Not all
stty commands have a rows or columns option (and I've run into at least
one - IRIX - where it does not work consistently.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://dickey.his.com