Marc --

...and then Marc van Dongen said...
% Bruce DeVisser ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
%
% : And what does  :set ?shell   return?
%
% shell="/usr/bin/bash"
%
% which is correct.

It may be correct, but it isn't stock :-)  Try settin $shell to /sbin/sh,
which is guaranteed to be completely self-contained.  If *that* works,
then try using /bin/sh to see if your shared libs are all healthy.
If *that* works, then it's all bash's fault.

Note that I don't want to start a shell war; in fact, as much as I
hate to admit it, I think I'm becoming a bash convert because of ksh
limitations :-)

%
% Regards,

HTH & HAND

%
%
% Marc van Dongen

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature