On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 04:25:45PM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:

> > How do I pass an argument to a script in my .muttrc?
>
> I don't think you do.
>
> What I do is this: I have a perl script which does what I want: so much
> time to a certain event (which I am not using here). I customize it by
> providing different input times as one input string and an event input
> string string that describes what will happen x days, etc from now.
>
> I provide the time and event to the perl script in a shell script, very
> brain dead. I have a default send-hook to set up my defaul signature file,
> below. Then I have send hooks for various lists and/or people which change
> the signature file to execute the appropriate script.
>
> So, where until.pl is the perl script, this is the shell script I use for
> the Wyoming Libertarian Party, polls.sh:
>

> # -*- shell-script -*-
> # Time-stamp: <2000-10-03 12:23:59 ccurley>
> until.pl "The Wyoming Libertarian Party, http://www.geocities.com/wyolp/
>
> Vote early and vote often!
>      -- W.C. Fields
> privacy
> The polls open " "7:00 Nov 7th 2000"
>

> And here are some appropriate lines from my .muttrc:
>
> send-hook . set signature=~/.signatures/.signature
> send-hook '~C [EMAIL PROTECTED]' "set signature=~/.signatures/polls.sh|; \
>        my_hdr Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; unset pgp_autosign"
> send-hook <my sweetie's email address> set signature=~/.signatures/sweetie.sh|
>
> The result for the Wyoming LP list is:
>

>                 -- C^2
>
> The Wyoming Libertarian Party, http://www.geocities.com/wyolp/
>
> Vote early and vote often!
>      -- W.C. Fields
>
> The polls open 1 month, 2 days, 14 hours, 39 minutes, 38 seconds from now.

So, when I thought I might have to create a separate script for each sig I
wasn't wrong!

That's too bad, but it has the advantage of being easy to implement!

Thanks for the response!

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chief Technology Officer              www.exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer                      (503) 246-3630
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.               fax (503) 246-3124