Timothy Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 04 Oct 2000:
> send-hook exceptionalminds.com set signature='(buildsig .siginformal)|'
> This doesn't work. and mutt spits up over it.
>
> How do I pass an argument to a script in my .muttrc?

I'm using

  signature="randsig.sh ~/.sig-body|"

currently, and it works just fine.  I think you have a quoting issue
with the send-hook using the set signature command, like someone else
posted.  I use various send-hooks to change my signature, but they all
take the form of "source .mutt/profile-whatever" so I can just edit
the profile files, and not have to worry about quoting all the time.
Also worth noting is that you don't need the ()'s unless you want the
output of more than one command grouped together.

Hope this helps,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /