Hello,

I am completely new to the list.
Many people I know have switched to Mutt as e-mail program. I have
installed it (RPMversion 1.2.5) but I can't make sense of it.

For mail I use Qmail, and as mailbox-format I use the maildir format. My
mail arrives in ~/Maildir.

Through some nifty website I have tried to generate a .muttrc file, put it
on disk, and of course, it does not work. When I start Mutt I am presented
with a default message "Do not delete this mail" bla bla, as the header of
an mbox mail-file.

In all kinds of files I have read that Mutt is able to determine by itself
what mailboxes it should use, but alas, not with me.
Can someone point me to the right direction? I can't decide if I like Mutt
as mailer if I can't even get it to work, right?

Regards,
Paul
Netherlands.

--