On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 10:20:06AM +0530 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Suresh Ramasubramanian thought:
> Bob Bell proclaimed on mutt-users that:
>
> > Just open another mutt session.  Unlike many mail editors, you can
> > have multiple instances of mutt running at the same time.
>
>  However, mailbox flags get modified when you do this - especially with mbox
>  folders.  A better thing to do is to use something like gvim or emacs as the
>  editor (both of which pop up in different terms from the mutt window, and
>  multiple sessions of which can be opened leaving your mutt xterm free)
>
>  Of course, on a console, this means some tedious shifting between alt-f1,
>  alt-f2 ... virtual consoles  ;)

I don't think this would work.  mutt sits waiting for the editor to return
before sending the mail.  If you use gvim which detaches itself from mutt,
mutt decides that you've abandoned the message and aborts the send.  To
make mutt use gvim you need to use something like

set editor='gvim -e'

which tells gvim to remain within the current process until it exits
rather than detaching from its parent immediately.

--
Conor Daly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Domestic Sysadmin :-)