1) Apologies for the lack of line wraps; I forgot to turn on
auto-fill-mode in Emacs.

2) You were exactly right.  An evil, old version of mutt in /usr/bin,
which apparently is prepended to my path only when I ssh into my box,
not telnet.  I'll have to look into that.

It always seems to be the simple things that trip me up.  Thanks for
the quick catch, and the patience to reply.

Cheers!

        B-

--
Brian Stearns ([EMAIL PROTECTED])