On Thu 2000-11-16 (21:14), Martin Trautmann wrote:
> On Thu 2000-11-16 (18:10), Ulf Erikson wrote:
> > I use a macro to do just this. except for the extra 'fixed' header, but
> > you should be able to add that one easily.  All the tricks are in formail
> > and the fairly new <edit> command, which lets you edit the raw message.
> > Not sure what version is needed though.. at least 1.2.something?
>
> Thanks, this does a great job.
> However, I don't understand the details properly.

Hi Ulf, did you ever send a reply?

> But how do those %s and $$ work?

I don't understand it properly upt to now.
However, sometimes I get an error warning of a broken pipe for cat.

Ho do additional spaces affect the function? I tried some reformatting in
order to understand the various levels of "'`, but this results in a
perfectly different script, ending in an alias command. Where did I insert
an error? Are those spaces read as space, that is read next message?

Here's an extra wish:

+ Tag the thread <esc-tag>
+ change the thread to read: <;w>N

How should this be done?

Thanks
Martin

macro index ,t "\
 <pipe-message>formail -x Message-ID > /tmp/mutt-msgID<enter>\
 <enter-command>set editor=\
 'cat %s |\
  formail -i \"References:\
   \`cat /tmp/mutt-msgID;\
    cat %s | formail -x References\`\"\
  > /tmp/mutt-fix.$$;\
  mv /tmp/mutt-fix.$$ %s; sleep 1; touch %s'<enter>\
 <tag-prefix><edit>\
 <shell-escape>rm /tmp/mutt-msgID<enter>\
 <enter-command>set editor=vim<enter>" \
 "insert current message's \"Message-ID\" into the tagged messages'\
  \"References:\" headers"