Hi,

On 00-11-20, Michael Elkins wrote:
>> So I ask myself, what's 'from' all about?
>`from' sets the default From: line in the mail header.  The sendmail -f
>option sents the envelope return address (what normally goes in the From
>line of mbox format mailboxes).
OK I tested this. There's no difference between
        set realname="Thorsten Haude"
        set [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and
        set from="Thorsten Haude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

and no difference between
        set envelope_from
and
        folder-hook . 'set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi -f \
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]"'

While that does probably not surprise you, I'm glad to be sure.

>I'm not sure setting $from didn't work for you.
Well, I didn't use $envelope_from, because I thought $from would suffice.

>Does my_hdr also not work?
Didn't test that. I may need it for my alias mungling. How do you
handle different aliases (eg. for mailing lists)?

The list-reply didn't worl for this message? Is that because you used
[EMAIL PROTECTED], which is not in my $lists?

>me
I would suffer from shizophrenia in minutes.

Thorsten