Thorsten Haude proclaimed on mutt-users that:

> Didn't test that. I may need it for my alias mungling. How do you
> handle different aliases (eg. for mailing lists)?

 Take a look at part of my .muttrc (used with set envelope_from)

folder-hook . set sort=threads
folder-hook . set signature=/tmp/sig.mallet
folder-hook . 'set attribution = "Using a large mallet, %n whacked out:"'
folder-hook . my_hdr From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
folder-hook . my_hdr Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
folder-hook . my_hdr Organization: The Lumber Cartel, India (tinlcI)

folder-hook mutt set sort=threads
folder-hook mutt set signature=/tmp/sig.mallet
folder-hook mutt 'set attribution="%n proclaimed on mutt-users that: "'
folder-hook mutt my_hdr From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
folder-hook mutt my_hdr Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
folder-hook mutt my_hdr Organization: The Lumber Cartel, India (tinlcI)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI