On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 07:26:13PM +1100, raf wrote:

Hi....

[... Bcc-field was shown in Outlook an KMAIL... ]

|sorry about that. i was being stupid.
|do the intended bcc recipients receive the mail?

yes, they did and they're able to read the Bcc-field

|if not, then it's not being recognised as a header.
|maybe there's a blank line before it or the line
|endings are "wrong"?

|i'd suggest bcc'ing a message to yourself. if you
|receive the message, save it to a file and examine
|the file using od or xxd or something to look for anything
|wierd. what editor do you use to compose the messages?
|do you have edit_hdrs set in your .muttrc?

my editor is joe (new one from potato) and my own headers in muttrc:
.
.
.
my_hdr Internet: http://www.billgotchy.de
my_hdr pgp-key: http://www.billgotchy.de/bin/m.asc
my_hdr OS: Linux Debian 2.2r0 - potato
my_hdr Private-Debian-Site: http://www.linux-debian.de
.
.
.

|mutt wouldn't even be sending the bcc header to exim
|if it recognised it as a bcc header. sendmail does
|have an option to read the headers in a message given
|to it, work out the recipients from the headers and
|then send everything except the bcc header but mutt
|doesn't rely on that because sendmail isn't the
|only mta so exim can't be the problem.

I hope so... I'm pleased, that the system is pretty running!

So long...

Jan
--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de"
E-Mail: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"