Lloyd Zusman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [ ... ]
>
> I have chosen not to auto-sign (i.e., I set 'pgp_sign_as' to "" within
> .muttrc), and when I type 'pa' after composing a message, I very
> nicely get the "Sign as:" prompt.  However, no matter what I enter
> after this prompt, I just get this "Sign as:" prompt again.  [ ... ]
>
> [ ... ]

I've fixed the problem.  It turns out to have been a directory
permissions problem that prevented the creation of the `trustdb.gpg'
and `random_seed' files by `gpg'.  No error message showed up in mutt
to indicate this, and I only found it by putting a few extra
`mutt_message()' calls within the source code and doing some tracing
and testing by hand.

Now after fixing this, everything works fine.  All's well that ends
well.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]