Jason Helfman proclaimed on mutt-users that:

> What and where would I go about finding xmutt ?

xmutt (and its console equivalent cmutt) are shell scripts written by Thomas
Ribbrock - and are part of the rpm available at http://mutt.linuxatwork.at

FWIW, the scripts are attached with this mail.

        --suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI
An effective way to deal with predators is to taste terrible.
#!/bin/sh
#
# xmutt - script to start mutt in a terminal window under X
# Thomas Ribbrock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, April 2000
#
# published under GPL
#
# try rxvt first
which rxvt > /dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
  rxvt -tn rxvt -T Mutt -e mutt
else
  # try xterm next
  which xterm > /dev/null
  if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
    # with xterm, the correct setting for TERM is not so clear,
    # so we leave it to the cmutt script and hope for the best...
    xfterm -T Mutt -e cmutt
  fi
fi
#!/bin/sh

# cmutt - script to call mutt after setting TERM to an appropriate value
# Thomas Ribbrock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
#
# published under GPL

# set TERM so that an ncurses linked mutt will use colours

# If COLORS has a defined value, we assume that the appropriate TERM
# value was set before => don't touch (thanks to Thomas E. Dickey for this!)
# If it isn't set or is set to -1, no colours are defined and we try to
# set a different TERM value.
#
COLORS=`tput colors 2>/dev/null`
if [ -z "$COLORS" -o "$COLORS" = "-1" ] ; then
  if [ -n "$COLORTERM" ]; then
    # COLORTERM is set => assume rxvt
    TERM=rxvt
  else
    # we guess some kind of xterm
    TEST=`tput -Txterm-xfree86 colors 2>/dev/null`
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
      # xterm-xfree86 is known here
      TERM=xterm-xfree86
    else
      # not known - we try xterm-color
      # NOTE: xterm-color might have the wrong bce capabilities!!
      #       The linux console, rxvt and the XFree86 xterm have bce, while
      #       xterm-color doesn't, so this is really last resort.
      #       (thanks again to Thomas E. Dickey!)
      TERM=xterm-color
    fi
  fi
  export TERM