John-Mark --

...and then jmj@charm said...
% Can anyone out there tell me if it is possible to send many email's out using
% Bcc from mutt?

Absolutely; I do it all of the time to my family announcement aliases,
for instance.

% I have tried to cut and paste the email addresses i  the appropriate place
% when composing mail but no joy, the mailer manages to put in two and then
% put a few in the subject line and the rest in the message body.

That sounds like a problem with your cut-n-paste instead of the mailier.
My guess is that you're trying to shove in all of those addresses, cut
from multiple lines, at the To: or Bcc: prompt, and so the embedded
return gets passed to mutt and mutt moves on to the next field and then
eventually to the message body.

In this case, I'd set edit_headers and do my pasting within the editor
where newlines will simply push down the rest of the headers.

% Also is there any kind of address book I can use with mutt.

There are lots.  mutt has support for aliases, which you can either keep
in your .muttrc file or a separate file.  See the manual for more info.

% I have had trouble subscribing to this list so please mail me directly.
% Many thanks for your time

HTH & HH

% John-Mark

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature