On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 01:25:00PM +1100, Jeff Turner ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to configure mutt to send mail through a non-local SMTP
> server?
>
> Yes, I've read the FAQ entry saying "this ain't mutt's job", but.. all mutt
> does is send mail to *some* SMTP server.

No, that's precisely what it does *not* do. It calls a command-line
program, usually sendmail. While on most Internet-connected systems,
that command-line program will then send the message out over SMTP,
there's nothing guaranteeing that that's the case. Mutt, as should
every well-behaved Unix mail program, leaves transporting mail to the
mail transport.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services