On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 12:59:52PM +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> > I'm re-writing my Message-ID headers using qmail-queue,
>
> Why are you doing such things?  You'll ruin the possibility to get
> proper threading with message copies mutt may write to folders while
> sending.

Actually, you're right.

But that's because my "implementation" is broken, and I should have
realized that.  However, if I were to write the Message-ID *before*
creating the message (which is what I'm trying to do with my friend's
configuration using my_hdr), this shouldn't be a problem.

FYI, the reason I'm doing such things :) is because I don't particularly
like the Message-IDs that Mutt writes.

Call me silly, but the second half of the ID -- since it uses an
incrementing letter (A.. B.. C.. and so on) makes it easy for someone to
tell how many messages you have sent in between the first one he sees,
and the next one (assuming you haven't started a new instance of Mutt in
the meantime, but the pid is right there too so that can be determined).

> > Anyone know why my_hdr doesn't work as I expected it to here?
>
> I suppose it's a bug.  I'll look at it.

Thanks.

> (But don't expect a fix for the stable branch.)

I don't.