On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 03:12:30PM -0600, dan radom wrote:
> I'm defining mailboxes in ~/.muttrc as follows...
>
> mailboxes `echo $HOME/mail/*` /var/spool/mail/graffix
>
> ...that works fine for displaying notifications about new messages in
> those folders. the problem is is that $HOME/mail/* includes sent (set
> record=~/mail/sent), and i'd rather not get notifications for new messages
> in the sent folder. it doesn't look like i can replace the mailboxes echo
> with something like `echo $HOME/mail/* |grep -v sent` sa the output of the
> echo command is all on one line. Is there any way to not get notifications
> of new messages in sent, while not having to specify every single mailbox
> for the mailboxes directive in .muttrc?

This exact question cropped up back in January. Here's the suggestion I
posted then:

-- cut here ----------------------------------------------------------------
> I just wish there would be a way to unspecify mailboxes after doing
> something like that. Like 'SPAM' and 'outbox'. I usually end up doing
> hairy sed scripts, when something like;
> mailboxes `echo $HOME/Mail/*`
> mailboxes -SPAM -outbox
>
> Perhaps it is possible, I just missed it?

How about something like:

,----
| echo $HOME/Mail/* | tr " " "\n" | grep -Ev "<not wanted>" | tr "\n" " "
`----

Where <not wanted> is the list of boxes you don't want. eg:

,----
`----

--
Dave Pearson:              | mutt.octet.filter - autoview octet-streams
http://www.davep.org/      | mutt.vcard.filter - autoview simple vcards