Argh, I hate following up myself ...

Lars Hecking writes:

>  I'm fwd'ing this for someone who is not reading the list. Any ideas?
>
>  The problem is that every time he hits a signed message (during the
>  same mutt session), the status line at the bottom gets corrupted
>  more and more. It happens under xterms, gnome-terms, and the linux
>  console.
>
>  All relevant system info is included below (RedHat/slang). The gpg config
>  file used is from Gero Treuner's gpg-2comp, which I'm using, too.

 Well, not quite, and that was making a difference!

 My setting of set pgp_getkeys_command in gpg.rc is empty, while his was

  set pgp_getkeys_command="gpg --recv-keys %r"

 The "screen corruption" was due to the output of this command.
 Workaround:

  set pgp_getkeys_command="gpg --recv-keys %r > /dev/null 2>&1"

 Is that something mutt should take care of automatically (unexpected
 output of some commands, that is)?