Joss Winn [mutt-users] <21/05/01 22:27 +0900>:

> I would like to disable the sendmail daemon yet still be able to
> fetch mail using fetchmail, calling sendmail to deliver the mail
> only when fetchmail needs it.  Currently, if the sendmail daemon is
> disabled, I can send mail, but when trying to fetch i with

RTFM the mda flag in fetchmail - you can use procmail, maildrop, deliver (or
whatever) for local delivery.

> fetchmail, it fails because sendmail is not running in the
> background.  Is there anyway i can use sendmail without it running
> constantly on port 25?  I do not run any external services and am

You can have it listen only on 127.0.0.1 (use the daemon port options in
sendmail.mc)

> the only user.  Alternatively, can I make the pop3 function in mutt
> work with procmail?

defaults
forcecr
poll pop.server with proto pop3
user foo with pass bar mda "/usr/bin/procmail  -d %T"
fetchall

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + Wallopus Malletus Indigenensis
mallet @ cluestick.org + Lumber Cartel of India, tinlcI