Well, the closest thing to what you want is KDE+konsole+mutt. That
is how I use mutt, runnig it in the kDE terminal. When I have an
email displayed in the pager which contains an URL and you select it
with a mouse (under konsole you can do it), you get a popup window
automagically with menus for all of your installed browsers and
clicking on one of them will open the URL in that browser...

I realize that this is VERY KDE-specific solution, but hey, you have
to have a desktop...:-)

The other solution would be hittig e, which gives you vim
(hopefully) and from there it is just a matter of a macro to start
your browser with the URL under the cursor (you can use python,
perl, ruby whatever for writing that macro...) If I will have some
time I will write it up...

Hope this helps... -- Viktor