On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 01:23:30PM +0200, Kai Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am searching for a way to set the Xterminals window title when running
> mutt in such a window. I have no idea where to start.
>
> I would like to see the for example "Mutt - list.mutt-users 31/301" or
> something similar.

It depends on what sort of terminal windows you're running.  To set
the title in rxvt windows for example you need:-

    echo "\033]0;This is the title\007"

(Where \033 and \007 are the octal representations of ESC and BEL
respectively)

This probably works for any terminal window emulating a vt100 type of
thingy, including xterm, rxvt and some others no doubt.

--
Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]