On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 01:23:30PM +0200, Kai Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am searching for a way to set the Xterminals window title when running
> mutt in such a window. I have no idea where to start.
>
> I would like to see the for example "Mutt - list.mutt-users 31/301" or
> something similar.

    I'll share my xtitle function.

function xtitle
{
    echo -n "ESC]2;$1^G"
}

    The ESC is a real escape, and the ^G is Ctrl-G. Use Vi to put those
characters in literally. Then, xtitle <title> should change any terminal that
speaks xterm, which is pretty much everything.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a

PGP signature