* Andy Spiegl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010706 17:16]:
> Hi Mutters,
>
> I found it very strange to find out that mutt sometimes doesn't update the
> timestamp of a mailbox file.  Here's an example:
>
> [...] *snip*
>
> Is there a specific reason for this behaviour?  Or could it be a
> configuration error?  But I tried it with "-F /dev/null" and same result.
>
> I filed a bug report a month ago but haven't heard anything since.
>
> Thanks for any hints,
>  Andy.

I'm experiencing a similar problem.  My mailboxes count fluctuates as I
browse through my mailboxes.  Here's a snippit from my .muttrc:

set status_format="%v: %f%r [%M/%m] [N=%n,*=%t,post=%p,boxes=%b] %?V?{%V}?"
mailboxes ! =ancientbiblehistory =bahai \
    =bugmaster =classics =cybalist \
    =dreams =duplicates =ex_in_italy \
    =gnu-screen =magnagraecia =moop \
    =mutt =paml =php-cvs =procmail =python \
    =spam =vim =vim-dev =vim-multibyte \
    =xs

When I fire up mutt, the status starts out as 'boxes=8', but as I browse
through one or two, it will jump down to 'boxes=2'!  I'm still trying to
figure out exactly how to reproduce this.  It may not be mutt at all,
rather my crappy shell account.  But perhaps it has something to do w/
mutt not updating any file timestamps.

I'm using the cvs version by the way.

--
Random pic [www.explodingdog.com]: