On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Dale Morris wrote:

> > text/html; /usr/bin/links '%s'; needsterminal; description=HTML
> > Text; nametemplate=%s.html
> >

> I have given up on trying to get netscape to open, too. So I hand
> edited the /etc/mailcap file as you indicated above.  I'm not real
> pleased with the debian mailcap setup now, here's how it works for
> me..

Okay how about trying this:

# ----- User Section Begins ----- #
text/html; /path-to-netscape/netscape '%s'; description=HTML
# -----  User Section Ends  ----- #

Just ran it then.. seems to work for me. Only thing problem is that mutt
just waits till  netscape is closed before you can use it again. Someone
out there might be able to find a way around that, also the above thing
doesn't check to see if you're in X before trying to run netscape, which
isn't all that nice. Just noticed that someone posted a message to this
thread with RunningX in it.  Probably better to grab that file compile
it and then add something like "; test=RunningX" to the end of what I
mentioned above or just do what they say.

--
Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends -- tell me where to
get more wax!!

PGP signature