> My issue is not with sendmail, per se, but with a new set of policies
> that have been implemented locally.  Redirecting all mail from the Unix
> host to a Windows NT machine to be virus and "content" screened is a
> decision I disagree with.  And seeing as that screening server has
> already had three significant downtimes in the past month I'd like to
> bypass it altogether.

 Maybe your Unix people were asleep when that policy was decided?
 There are several commercial and semi-commercial (you always need
 to buy at least a virus scanner) solutions for virus scanning on Unix
 machines. This is better than running a virus scanner on a system
 that itself is prone to infections (think orthogonal). There were
 also a couple of bugtraq postings in the past few months about
 vulnerabilites in NT/2000 versions of some commercial screening software.

 If that system already had downtime, you have a good case for pushing
 into the other direction now.

 Sorry for the OT ;)