Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said something to this effect on
08/19/2001:
> Ken Weingold <mutt> [19/08/01 05:22 -0400]:
> > One thing, too.  It is possible that the MTA on your server is
> > ignoring procmail.  I had this issue once on a shell account I got.
> > they use dmail, and it did just this.  I don't have root there, and
> > the admin is impossible to get hold of, so I gave up.  Just a thought.
>
>  A .forward file in your homedir should have solved that?

My ISP uses Postfix, and it completely ignores both .procmailrc
and .forward files; I assume this was an administrative decision
on the part of the sysadmin, and not a postfix failing.  My
solution was: a) install procmail in $HOME (including formail)
and b) run this shell script to start mutt:

  #!/bin/sh

  PATH=$HOME/bin:/bin

  # Pass the entirty of my mailspool to formail, which passes it to
  # procmail
  /bin/cat $MAIL | formail -s procmail
  mailstat $HOME/mail/procmail_log

  # This is so I can look at the output of mailstat
  echo -n "Press enter to continue... "
  read foo

  # Empty out the mailspool.
  > $MAIL

  $HOME/bin/mutt -y

It's probably not optimal, but it does work.  For 20-30
messages a day (obviously this is personal mail, and not list
mail -- that goes to a different account), this finishes in about
1-3 seconds, speedy enough for me.

(darren)

--
OCCAM'S ERASER:
The philosophical principle that even the simplest solution is bound