David Rock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said something to this effect on 08/20/2001:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 10:35:55AM -0400, darren chamberlain wrote:
> > Suresh Ramasubramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said something to this effect on
>08/19/2001:
> >
> > My ISP uses Postfix, and it completely ignores both .procmailrc
> > and .forward files; I assume this was an administrative decision
> > on the part of the sysadmin, and not a postfix failing.  My
> > solution was: a) install procmail in $HOME (including formail)
> > and b) run this shell script to start mutt:
>
> It's definitely not a failing of Postfix, I'm using it right now. ;-)

David,

I've heard too many good things about Postfix to think that.
Though my ISP provides shell access, very few of their customers
use it (they do mostly colo and large scale hosting); most likely
they just don't have the MTA configured to use these features.

My solution works very ably for me, although I was hoping to get
more feedback on what I might have been doing wrong... (maybe I
should cross-post to the procmail list, eh?)

(darren)

--
Blind faith in anything, even your leaders, will get you killed.
    -- Bruce Springsteen