Rino --

...and then Rino Mardo said...
% hi.  i'm using debian 2.2r0 and have downloaded mutt-1.3.2i from ftp.mutt.org.
% i have gnupg-1.0.5 installed which is currently being used by mutt-1.2.5i
% without any problems.

They're up to 1.3.22.1i in preparation for 1.4, BTW; if that's not a
repeated typo, you might consider jumping up a few levels anyway.

%
% mutt-1.3.2i produces errors when doing "make install" and it's searching for
% the file "README.UPGRADE" at the top-level directory where i'm compiling mutt.
% i got around this by copying my current "README.UPGRADE" file from my
% "/usr/local/doc/mutt" directory.

Haven't seen that one ...

%
% when installed, mutt-1.3.2i would not recognize my settings in "~/.mutt/gpg.rc"
% although mutt-1.2.5i does.  the problem setting is "set pgp_sign_micalg=sha1".

... but this is to be expected.  Do a quick

  grep micalg [A-Z]*

in the source tree to see where it's mentioned, and it is noted in the
ChangeLog that mutt now autodetects the micalg in signatures.

%
% lastly, the diff file "diff-1.3.2i-1.3.2.1i.gz" produces a lot of reject files
% everywhere.  but this one i can live without.  it's the first two problems that
% bothers me.
%
% is the file in the ftp server corrupt or my file?  i hate to download it again
% as it took me almost an hour to get.

Ah.  That makes a difference, I suppose.  It might be worth doing it,
though, and you can find the tar file split up into 64k chunks under

  http://mutt.sector13.org/splits

in case that helps.

%
% please cc: me on the replies as i'm not on the list.  thank you.

HTH & HAND

%
% --
% "In is in, out is out; but out is out, and in is in"  - Pumbaa

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PGP signature