Mahipal --

...and then mahipal.rao said...
% Hi

Hello!

%
% Recently  I started using mutt. Now i love using mutt
% But i am facing problem with imap
% when ever i use mutt -f{imap.server}mbox and send mails,
% its not sending the mails. and there are no error msgs. and I dont
% have write permissions on imap server.
% Its pain to read mails in mutt and compose mails in netscape-mail
% I want every thing in mutt.

You need to set up $sendmail so that mutt can talk to a local mail
transport program.  If you don't want to mess with sendmail or qmail or
another full-featured mail program, there are lots of very lightweight
ones around.

mutt does not talk SMTP directly as some other MUAs do.

Check the archives for ssmtp for an example, or wait for Suresh to reply
with pointers ;-)

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]