On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 04:52:07 +0200, Piet Delport wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 at 00:01:41 +0200, Erika Pacholleck wrote:
> [snip]
> > These are the headers in real, anonymized of course:

> > From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sun, 26 Aug 2001 02:46:52 -0500

> > The only differences between my normal mutt headers are:
> [...]
> > 3. the From line has a , after the day and mine is without
>
> I think this might be it. [...]
>
> That alone doesn't fix it in your case though... i had to rearrange the
> ordering of the fields like in this example:
>
> | From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sun Aug 26 02:46:52 2001 -0500

Right, I already posted the recognized syntyx:

The timezone in the example is badly placed after the year. It is
recognized by Mutt anyway as Mutt currently does not test for garbage
after the year, but I would not count on that bug not being fixed.

> Does doing that work?  (Instead of re-arranging every single From_ line,
> you can prolly just copy an existing one, BTW.  I've done this once or
> twice while recovering Pine mailboxes without any apparent ill effects.)

The time stamp in From_ line is used as the receive time. It can be
displayed in the index and used for sorting and searching etc. If
you make all receice times the same, these thing will not be useful.