* Justin R. Miller ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [011022 12:37]:
> Thus spake Thomas Roessler ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
>
> > message-hook "!~g !~G ~h ^text/plain ~b ^-----BEGIN PGP" "push '\eP'"
> >
> > (At least, that _could_ work.)
>
> The matching's not the problem, and I can tweak that anyway once I get
> the 'push' working.  It just seems that the 'push' invokes GPG process
> after GPG process repeatedly...

Well, it seems the matching is the problem, then (or at least tweaking
the matching could solve the problem). What's really happening is like
this:

1. You select an old-style pgp message
2. the message-hook catches it and pushes esc-p
3. the messages is redisplayed as a pgp message
4. the message-hook catches it and pushes esc-p (this is step 2 again)
3. the messages is redisplayed as a pgp message

reepat steps 2 and 3 ad nausem. If you can modify the message hook so
that step 4 doesn't lead back to step 2 (i.e. mutt won't let a pgp
message get caught in the hook) everything will be all good.

In Thomas' example, the old-style message will match "!~g !~G" the first
time around, but once mutt sees that this is a pgp message, it won't
match again. I haven't tried it, but the reasoning is sound, and it
should work.

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.

PGP signature