On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 02:18:13PM +0100, Steve Kennedy (dis)graced my inbox with:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 06:10:21PM -0600, Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:
>
> > Ah, oops. I must have misunderstood :)
> > Well, the gist I got from the subscription email that I got sent when I
> > joined, it only takes one bounced message for the list to unsubscribe
> > me. I guess if my mail server went down temporarily... Stupid ISP, now I
> > have to phone and bitch :)
>
> It's a semi manual process, if mails start bouncing, then they
> will get unsub'ed after a while.

Ah, I thought it was automatic after one bounce.

> The biggest pain is Hotmail, which on occassion will start
> dropping lots of email, then go back to "normal" service.

Lol. Strangely, I am not surprized.

> Other pains are when people misconfigure procmail recipes
> and then their mail starts bouncing too.

Procmail can make mail bounce? I thought it would just send mail to the
bit bucket if it was misconfigured...

> Unfortunately when list traffic is high, this causes a hugh
> burden on the list-admin(s) who has a real job not just looking
> after the list ;)

Hehe, too true :)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park